L.E.A.D. (Leadership, Exercise, Athletics, Development)
For Athletes Aged 11-16
* Younger or Older Athletes? Please contact us for possible admission.
PacificSport VI and Island Optimal have partnered to offer their 2nd annual L.E.A.D (Leadership, Exercise, Athletics, Development) Camps! The camps feature strength and conditioning as the foundation, with cross-training, fitness, yoga, and sport development education offered over two separate weeks. Participants will focus on individual skills in different outdoor locations in Nanaimo. The camps alternate between activity days in local parks and sessions at the Island Optimal Performance Centre for yoga, and strength and conditioning sessions. This is a unique athletics-driven camp experience, and is an amazing opportunity for young athletes!
Camp One: Performance and Lifestyle
July 15-19, 2019 | 8:30am -12:00pm
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: Train at various Nanaimo locations. Camp attendees will be trained by high performance coaches and receive various education workshops by guest speakers.
Tuesday and Thursday: Modo Yoga session followed by strength and conditioning instruction with Island Optimal’s head strength coach, Patrick Milford, at the Island Optimal Performance Center.
Camp One includes:
- Group workouts with Island Optimal and Modo Yoga
- Individual challenges – nutrition log book, self-awareness exercises
- Dragon boat trip to Newcastle Island
- Nutrition workshop with Registered Dietician, Alice Wyche
- Small sided games – learn & play a variety of sports.
- Guest coaches delivering various sport sessions.
Camp Two: TBD
August 12-16, 2019 | 8:30am -12:00pm
More information to be released soon.