SportHealth TM is a community partnership between PacificSport Vancouver Island and regional sport medicine practitioners - our SportHealth TM partners - who provide medical treatment, rehabilitation services and medical monitoring to you at a discounted rate.
The primary goal of SportHealth TM is to help PacificSport athletes identify, treat and prevent further injury through quality, specified treatment at reduced rates. Our SportHealth TM partners share this goal and recognize the important role they have in an athlete’s pursuit of podium performances.
The SportHealth TM program ensures that athletes with coverage through the Canadian Athletes Insurance Program (CAIP) or athletes with partial or no extended health coverage will only pay $50 per visit. As indicated in the table below, many SportHealth TM partners also offer additional services such as priority booking (access to athletic therapy treatment within 48 hours).
When booking your initial appointment with a SportHealth TM partner:
1. Please identify yourself as PacificSport Vancouver Island registered athlete.
2. Confirm that the staff person you are speaking with is aware of the SportHealth program and knows the benefits available to athletes (ie. priority booking).
3. Have your insurance information available and know the coverages provided by your insurance.
While at the SportHealth TM partner facility:
1. Be sure to present your valid* athlete card at all visits.
2. Please remember to thank the clinic for being a SportHealth Partner and even follow up with a handwritten note of thanks - especially if they help you get healthy and back to training in a short time frame.
*If your card has expired, click here to renew.
Please contact Kevin Lindo, Athlete & Coach Service Coordinator if you have any questions or issues booking an appointment with a SportHealth partner.