PacificSport Vancouver Island staff facilitate coaching and mentoring courses year round!
Please see below for our upcoming courses!
Coaches Mental Training Series 2021
1. NCCP Basic Mental Skills | February 20, 2021 | 9:00am-1:00pm - Register Now
- Cost: $55
- Location: Online Zoom Delivery
The Basic Mental Skills module gives you the ability to: a) recognize signs indicating that an athlete may need to improve his/her goal setting, focus, and anxiety control skills; and develop tools to help the athlete to make improvements in these areas and b) run simple guided activities that help athletes improve basic mental skills.
Facilitator: Bryan Baxter
2. Mindset X's and O's: Mental Game Plan for Coaches | February 27, 2021 | 9:00am-1:00pm - Register Now
- Cost: $30
- Location: Online Zoom Delivery
Applying mental skills to equip athletes with the tools they need to succeed is a big challenge. Traditionally, coaches and athletes have focused their efforts on physical training. Over time, the technical, tactical and mental aspects of performance have gained a more important role. This workshop will focus on specific mental skills that coaches can use for their athletes in the context of their sport.
Coaches will be organized into groups from similar sports and provided with specific activities that relate to the context of their sport (e.g. racing sports like rowing have lots of structure, so a race plan and specific routines are important to prepare athletes to perform at their best). Coaches will brain storm and identify key mental components of their sport, apply specific activities to address these mental areas, and deliver an activity to build their specific skills.
This workshop is intended to provide an opportunity to apply the education from the NCCP workshops as well offer an interactive environment to learn from other coaches in applying mental skills to their sport.
Facilitators: Geoff Hackett & Kevin Lindo
All Youth Matter: Inclusion Training - Registration is Full; Check back for future opportunities!
Calling all our community leaders, we have an opportunity for you to be part of a very important initiative. All Youth Matter Inclusion Training was developed to help sport and community organizations ensure their experiences are safe, welcome and inclusive to all youth, especially those who are underserved.
Through this online workshop, participants learn about the factors that contribute to an inclusive environment, how to identity and address barriers and biases, and steps to take to intervene and stop discrimination. In addition, participants are provided with tools, techniques and best practices to create inclusive sport, recreation and physical activity experiences for youth from under served or marginalized populations.
Participants will also receive a personalized action plan for change, an All Youth Matter: Inclusion Training Certificated of Completion, and 3 National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Professional Development (PD) points (if applicable).
- There is approximately 10-30 minutes of pre-work (homework) to be completed prior to the online workshop.
- We will be seeking feedback on the virtual delivery and overall workshop content and facilitation. A survey link will be send out 48 hours before and within 24-48 hours after the workshop is complete.
- The workshop will take place over two days: Saturday February 20th from 10:00am-12:00pm and Saturday February 27th from 1:00pm-3:00pm. You must attend both sessions to receive a completed certificate.
All Youth Matter: Inclusion Training
Hosted by PacificSport VI
Saturday February 20, 2021 10:00am-12:00pm
Saturday February 27, 2021 1:00pm-3:00pm
Online Delivery via Zoom
viaSport NCCP Course Calendar