PacificSport VI Covid-19 Safety Plan 2021
Due to COVID-19 the following Safety Plan will be in place for all camps and activities hosted by PacificSport Vancouver Island as of February 17, 2021 and until further notice:
Pick Up/ Drop Off
- Campers will be picked up and dropped off at the same location. A pickup/drop off sign will be posted and parents will be instructed to drop off and pickup from same place daily.
- Upon drop off and before parents leave, campers will be asked if they have had any flu or cold symptoms in past 24 hours, if campers have had fever, difficulty breathing or any flu symptoms they will not be able to participate in the camp.
- Upon drop off each camper must use the sanitation station (we will have a hand sanitizing station)
- Staff will be assessed each morning and if any symptoms are present they must self-isolate for 14 days.
- If campers show any symptoms of COVID-19 throughout camp then parents will be contacted and pickup must occur immediately, Campers will not be able to return to camp for 14 days.
- use hand sanitizer station upon entry to the camp
- use hand sanitizer station before and after snack and lunch
- wash hands or use hand sanitizer station after using washrooms
- wash hands or use hand sanitizer station after blowing nose, sneezing or crying
- use hand sanitizer station upon pickup
Campers will be encouraged…..
- to cough or sneeze into their elbow
- to ensure all used garbage (ie-tissues) are placed into the garbage can
- not to touch eyes, mouth or nose throughout the day
- Sports that encourage physical distancing will be utilized.
- Campers will be encouraged to play in small groups.
- Camps cannot exceed 10 Campers
- Campers will be encouraged to minimize the amount of contact with other campers.
- Campers will eat snacks and lunch with proper spacing in mind (2 meters)
- Markers will be taped or chalked onto floor for campers to use.
- Campers will be instructed to leave items from home at home or left in their bag.
- Please be aware that physical distancing may not be able to be adhered to at all times depending on circumstance.
- Campers will not be allowed to share food.
- Supplies will be plentiful so campers have their own items and shared items will be discouraged.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- All sports equipment will be cleaned daily using disinfectant.
- All high touch areas in the facility will be cleaned daily.
- Toys from home will not be allowed at the camp.
- General cleaning and disinfecting will be done each morning before campers arrive.
- Cleaning and disinfecting will be done daily and throughout the day by Camp Coordinator.
- Campers will be encouraged not to touch things when on walks or field trips throughout the camp.
- Staff will be available and have proper training for all first aid issues.
- All staff MUST wear gloves which will be provided when administering any first aid issues.
- All used first aid supplies will be put into an empty bag which will be sealed or tied before throwing in garbage.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Please be aware that PPE (gloves and masks) will not be worn during camp.
Should a camper or staff contract COVID or be in contact with someone who
tested positive for COVID…
- Do not attend camp
- Contact Amanda immediately and give details of date of exposure or positive test
- Go to BC Centre for Disease Control for information about exposure and or contact Island Health 1-866-770-7798 for direction.
- Amanda and Catharine will immediately contact all participants with the pertinent information.
- Camp will close for the rest of the week.
If you have any questions, concerns or to let us know that your child will be absent from camp, please contact Amanda Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-734-1935.