- This event has passed.
NCCP Design a Basic Sport Program (Online Delivery)
January 21 @ 9:00 am - January 22 @ 12:00 pm$84.00
This course is being presented in partnership with the PacificSport Vancouver Island as part of their Coach Academy.
This is a live, facilitator-led, interactive, group-based course offered online through Zoom. To participate in an Online Delivery course, you must have a working microphone and speakers as well as reliable access to the internet (Dial-up or High Speed).
In Design a Basic Sport Program, you will learn to:
- create a sound outline for your sport program that includes competition and training events;
- compare your program to those outlined by the NCCP in terms of long-term athlete development;
- assess the athletic development opportunities your program offers, and identify ways to remedy any weaknesses;
- interpret the information in a sample program, identifying training priorities and objectives at certain periods; and
- establish a link between your program’s training objectives and the content of practice sessions.
All participants must ensure that Adobe Connect will work on their computer, and that their microphone and speaker is connected and functioning properly with Adobe. To test Adobe Connect on your computer, click here.
Any participant who logs into the course, but experiences problems with the technology, will be removed from the course and will not receive a refund. Read more about viaSport’s refund policy here.
Please note that this course will take place over two evenings. Coaches must attend the full duration of this workshop to receive credit for their participation.